We promise not to use any of the information you submit on this site for any
purpose other than to provide the services you request. We won't send you
anything or provide your information to anyone unless you specifically ask us
to do so.
|November 16, 2010
Back from some dire straits-induced downtime, I have added a donation PayPal link to the home page.
|July 23, 2009
In search of robustness...
We've had a lot of downtime recently. In order to hopefully limit
further problems, I am moving the Tracker to a more modern hosting environment.
This has required many code changes throughout the site. Some bugs
could have been introduced. Please let me know if you find any!
|August 3, 2006
A few small fixes and changes...
- Tests: The tab order of the Tests form has been
- Scoreboard: If a behavior is tested but not
trained at a certain level, and the dog failed the test, the
test details will be displayed in the cell even though it is not
- Community: User pages now mention the date each
user joined the Tracker.
|May 25, 2006
Chipping away at the to-do list.
- Training Sessions, Tests: The form's guess about
the level at which you are training/testing is now smarter. For
example, if your dog passes Come at Level 4, the Level dropdown for
Come will default to 5 in your next Session or Test.
- Journals: Journal pages now include your dog's
profile information and level badge, if applicable.
- Journals: Journal pages now contain a textual
RSS feed link.
|May 23, 2006
I'm still here, I promise!
- Home Page: A Recently Updated Journals element
has been added.
- A bug which caused raw HTML code to appear in help mouse-overs
has been fixed.
|May 9, 2006
- Account: A forgotten login/password recovery
by mail feature has been added.
|May 5, 2006
New features and long-overdue bug fixes
- Training Sessions, Tests: Short notes can now be
included with each behavior tested or trained. Small note icons
will appear next to the behavior name in Summaries, and the notes
will be displayed when you hover over the name or icon.
- Journal: "On The Road" training session and test
logs are now titled as such in the journal.
- Training Sessions, Tests, Journal: Listing pages
("See All Training Sessions," etc.) are now paginated if you have more
than 15 items, and the New buttons have been moved above the
lists. The wording of page descriptions has also been improved
- Training Sessions, Tests, Journal: A bug where
male dogs were referred to as "her" has been fixed.
- Tests: A bug which was causing the Errors
column of test summaries to appear incorrectly has been fixed.
- Account: There is now a Your Account
link next to Log Out which allows changing your account
details and password.
- Journal, Community: Changed the way that journal
URLs are generated. Non-alphanumeric characters in usernames will
now be replaced with dashes, just as they are in dog names. The old
(naïve) URL style will still work, but please do not use it
for future links.
|April 19, 2006
Beginning of community features
- There is a new area of the site (Community) with
a Hall of Fame. The Journal Directory is yet to come.
- Journal: The Permalink button no longer appears on
single-entry (a.k.a. Permalink) pages.
- Journal: An RSS feed option has been added to the
- Journal: Journals with more than 10 entries are
now paginated with "See Newer" and "See Older" buttons.
|April 16, 2006
User interface improvements...
- Training Sessions, Tests: Each behavior is now
wrapped in a disclosure box to shorten the page length and make
things a bit clearer. Filled-in behaviors are summarized when hidden.
Behaviors with validation errors are
automatically expanded. There is also a set of buttons across the
top of the behavior area for mass showing/hiding operations.
- Fixed a number of table display artifacts which only appeared in
Internet Explorer due to its bizarre table rendering.
|April 13, 2006
- Dog Home Page: A badge is now displayed for the
highest level you have completed.
- Training Sessions, Tests, Scoreboard: A
couple of On The Road-related bugs have been fixed.
- A typo in the Level 2 Stand Stay description has been fixed.
|April 12, 2006
"On The Road" is more than just a behavior...
- The "On The Road" behavior has been deleted, along with all
training session and test data which referenced it. I'm sorry about
the extra work this will cause for those of you who have diligently
input lots of data! This should be the last of the
- Training Sessions, Tests: You can now create
On The Road sessions and tests to record progress towards the
OTR goals. On The Road sessions and tests display information
specific to the OTR behaviors.
- Scoreboard: "Tabs" have been added, and clicking
on the OTR Tab will display your OTR training and testing data.
- Reference: On The Road info is included on
the Level reference pages.
- Training Sessions, Tests: Increased maximum length
of Notes from 600 to 5,000 characters. Please note that journal
entries can be even longer (30,000 characters).
- Some changes to hopefully make things look a little better in
Internet Explorer 6.
|April 11, 2006 - 4 pm
Enhanced formatting for notes and journal entries.
- Training Sessions, Tests, Journal: You can now
use Textile markup
in your journal entries and notes. The simple upshot of this is that
by hitting the Enter key twice, you can start a new paragraph. By
placing *asterisks* around a word or phrase, you can make it
bold. Using _underscores_, you can make it
italicized. To find out about doing more advanced things,
click the link!
Eventually, I'd like to include a quick reference like that on
- Journal: A cosmetic bug where the wrong
"Save" button could appear in the entry editor under some
circumstances has been fixed.
|April 11, 2006 - 10 am
Major addition to the Tests model.
- Tests: There is now a "Passed" checkbox for each
behavior on a Test. This is meant to be checked off when you believe
your dog is ready to move to the next level of that behavior.
All existing tested behaviors have been
marked "Passed." Unfortunately, if you entered data for tests in which
some behaviors were not meant to be Passed, you'll need to
go back and uncheck those boxes manually.
- Tests: Passing
information is now displayed in the test summary and test lists.
- Tests: It is now possible (but not necessarily
encouraged) to check the "Passed" checkbox but not fill in any
repetition data for a behavior. Previously, filling in at least
Total Reps was required.
- Scoreboard: Passing information is displayed in
the floating mouse-over box. Tested behaviors which are not
"Passed" will not display as a green cell.
|April 11, 2006 - 1 am
Minor style changes and additions.
- In the Scoreboard, the gray (not applicable) and gray barber-pole
(optional) cell backgrounds are now darker.
- In the Scoreboard, behavior descriptions now appear in the floating
|April 10, 2006
Added a few minor features, along with small wording changes in
various places around Your Dogs.
- Behavior quick reference on Training Sessions and Tests now
displays "without training aids" when applicable.
- There is now a checkbox on the Dog Profile form to allow you to
exclude the dog from the (planned) Hall of Fame and other public
- Level numbers and behavior names in the Reference are now clickable.
For example, clicking Target in the Level 3 Reference takes
you to the page with all of Target's levels.
|April 9, 2006
||Initial Release to Beta